Thursday, March 09, 2006

Huge cluster of stumps gone, new fence begins

We've gotten a lot done this week. A good friend of mine helped me paint two of the bedrooms (with only one small setback) and we got rid of that massive, hateful dead tree mess at the back of the yard. My friend and I actually entertained a fantasy that we might be able to demolish some if it on our own. We got big heavy tools. We hacked, smashed, grunted, and cursed...but in the end, the stumps won. So I gave up and called a tree service. I was really scared that it was going to cost a fortune. It wasn't cheap but it wasn't nearly as expensive as I had feared. The stump grinder man came this morning and made it all go away. :) This meant we could begin our new back fence. My stepfather came over and set two of the posts today. The rest will go up on Saturday, then the fence panels on Sunday. I'll try to take some pics of before/after and some "in progress" shots too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home