Monday, March 13, 2006

Lilac bush



This lilac bush is the very first thing I've planted in the new yard. Hopefully it will do well. I love the way they smell when they're in bloom.
Part of my strategy for dealing with some loose fence issues along one side of the yard is to plant some stuff there. I'm trying to prevent the dog from getting out under the fence. She's not a digger (anymore) but some of the spots along the chain link fence on one side of the yard are loose enough at the bottom for a person to climb under. The other tactic I'm taking is using some of that green metal edging with the curved stakes to basically stake the bottom of the chain link into the ground. I think it will work, but It won't be very pretty.

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Niely Morgan said...

Welcome to the neighborhood! The house is lovely. I especially like those elegant columns between the foyer and the living room.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home